This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-802. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Alex, a technician, would like to map a network drive when he starts up his computer in the morning. Which of the following commands would he use to accomplish this task?
2) A user is installing Windows 7 on a PC with a RAID card. The user has verified all of the cables are connected correctly, but the installation media does not detect any hard drives. Which of the following should the user do to help detect the hard drives?
3) A technician recently installed a new video card in a PC. The PC already has an integrated video on the motherboard. When the technician turns on the PC there is no video during POST and after booting. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
4) A technician is installing a webcam in a nursery for a user to monitor their baby. The user wants to ensure that the webcam is not broadcasting externally. Which of the following would the technician implement on the SOHO router to prevent the broadcast?
5) A technician is trying to setup a non-domain user account on a workstation, but receives the following error message "Password does not meet the complexity requirements." Which of the following utilities should the technician use to identify the criteria?
6) When is it acceptable to a IT business to make copies of customer's confidential data?
7) A network administrator does not want their wireless network to be easily identified. Which option will allow the administrator to hide the network's common name?
8) A business needs its sales team to have laptop computers on the sales floor, but is afraid they can be easily stolen. Which choice will best secure a companies laptop from theft?
9) A user reports that their PC does not work. Which of the following would be the BEST question for the technician to ask the user to get further information?
10) A user is experiencing slow performance with their computer. A technician suspects the computer has a virus and runs antivirus software. A virus is found and removed, but the performance issue is not resolved. Which of the following should the technician perform NEXT?
11) A new firewall has been installed, and network users are not able to SEND email, but can receive. What port should be checked?
12) A user has reported that their laptop is not charging and often turns off, even when the charger is plugged in. Which of the following is most likely the problem?
13) What encryption is the most secure for a WiFi network?
14) Which of the following is a command line tool that will translate between a domain name and an IP Address?
15) Which of the following commands may be used on a computer, running Windows 7, to stop a single process from the command line?
16) You are installing Windows 7 Home Premium onto a laptop and you want to scan the laptop's disk for bad sectors. Which option will format the disk and scan the disk for bad sectors?
17) A small business owner is setting up their wireless network in their office, which is in a building shared with several other businesses. The owner does not want to disable the SSID broadcasting due to visiting customers needing to use the network but wants to minimize the visibility of the network as much as possible. Which of the following would BEST accomplish this?
18) A user wants to share their parallel printer, which device will allow this?
19) An unauthorized user observing system security procedures is known as:
20) The practice of following an authorized person through an entrance without using a badge or token to defeat security is called:
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.