This free CompTIA Security+ practice exam covers basic knowledge in the field of Information Systems Security. To pass the CompTIA Security+ exam, a candidate will need knowledge in Network Security, Compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, cryptography, and application, data, and host security. This free practice test will test your knowledge and readiness for the CompTIA Security+ Examination.
1) Which of the following choices properly defines the term war chalking?
2) Which of the following describes the most secure firewall configuration?
3) What is the default port of Kerberos?
4) A server on your network needs to be accessed by external users. The content of the server should be publicly available and does not contain any confidential information. Where should you place it?
5) Which of the following is a common synonym for a Protocol Analyzer?
6) SHA and MD5 are examples of which of the following?
7) Which of the following is a computer hardware component that can process and store cryptographic keys?
8) Which of the following is an example of multi-factor authentication?
9) What port is used for HTTPS?
10) Which of the following protocols is used to encrypt emails?
11) Which port is used by telnet?
12) Which of the following is a Denial of Service attack using a succession of TCP Handshake requests?
13) Which of the following STOPS attacks on a host system?
14) A list of permissions on a router that determines who can access specific areas of a network, is known as what?
15) Which of the following is a protocol that prevents loops in layer 2 switching devices?
16) Which option will provide short-term system availability in case of loss or failure?
17) When converted into binary, how many bits are present in an IPv4 Address?
18) True or False: It is good practice to disable unused or publicly accessible network ports?
19) Which authentication protocol periodically verifies a client with a 3-way handshake?
20) Which of the following is an access control method, which is based of a persons job?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.