This free CompTIA Security+ practice exam covers basic knowledge in the field of Information Systems Security. To pass the CompTIA Security+ exam, a candidate will need knowledge in Network Security, Compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, cryptography, and application, data, and host security. This free practice test will test your knowledge and readiness for the CompTIA Security+ Examination.
1) You are creating a new network for your company, you only want to purchase one public IP but have many hosts that will be on the network. What will ensure this is possible?
2) Which of the following terms would be used when configuring a firewall to allow certain traffic to pass unobstructed?
3) The employees at the company you work for are complaining about receiving a lot of emails advertising services and goods. What are they experiencing?
4) Several high level executives at a business have been targeted by phishing attacks. Which of the following terms describes this type of phishing?
5) Which of the following choices can be described as a type of social engineering?
6) Why would your business conduct a penetration test on it's network?
7) You have been tasked with finding and installing an enterprise SNMP solution. Which of the following properly describes the purpose and use of SNMP?
8) Which networking device makes it very easy for a malicious user to receive and save packets that were not intended for their workstation?
9) Which of the following descriptions best defines the principle of implicit deny?
10) Which of the following terms properly describes the term Wardriving?
11) Using programming or scripting in an input field, in an attempt to find a vulnerability, is known as what?
12) Which of the following protocols is a tunnel encryption used as a secure alternative to telnet?
13) Which of the following is not an example of biometric authentication?
14) Which of the following terms involves the sending and receiving of unsolicited messages over Bluetooth?
15) Which of the following standard protocols utilizes the 802.11i standard?
16) Which of the following options can be used to verify data integrity?
17) A network or host designed to attract malicious users away from actual sensitive materials, is known as what?
18) A DoS attack can be defined as what?
19) PKI uses what type of encryption?
20) Which of the following terms describes installing an Operating System inside of a host Operating System?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.