This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) What is the leading octet value range for an IPv4 address belonging to a class B network?
2) Which choice is a NID placed at the demarcation point between an ISP and customer's networks that can be used as a troubleshooting tool when diagnosing a network issue?
3) Which option is used to manage virtual operating systems?
4) In the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) model, data compression takes place at the:
5) Your employer has implemented a policy to verify the hash of a file after downloading whenever possible. What is the purpose of verifying a file's hash after downloading?
6) Which of the following network topologies is most commonly used in contemporary Ethernet LANs?
7) A device designed to provide emergency power during an unexpected main power source outage is called:
8) The practice of connecting to an open port on a remote server to gather more information about the service running on that port is known as:
9) In the OSI model layer 4 is known as:
10) Which device will manipulate network traffic to ensure reliability and performance of some types of network traffic over other types?
11) Which of the following solutions enables combining several physical ports into a single logical channel?
12) Your supervisor has asked you to try and identify the network device causing increased latency between a client's PC and a server located in a different physical location but on the same enterprise network. Which tool is best suited for identifying the problematic device?
13) What would an administrator use the IEEE 802.1X standard for implementing across a network?
14) Which type of files pose the greatest risk related to the distribution of malware?
15) A situation in which multiple channels share the frequency band causing interference and performance degradation for devices operating on channels that are too close to each other is called:
16) You have been asked to identify the MAC address for the default gateway for a device's subnet. Which Windows command will help you identify this?
17) Which malicious attack or exploit involves spoofing OSI layer 2 addressing?
18) Which of the following security solutions allows for discarding ARP packets with invalid IP-to-MAC address bindings?
19) You are a Network Architect and Administrator at a large company. The business has asked for a solution that will allow them to freely move around the headquarter campus without losing wireless connectivity and without having to reconnect or re authenticate. Which technology could serve as a solution?
20) Which term refers to the amount of time a client is able to use an IP address given from a DHCP server?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.