This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) What software tool will save a packet for later review?
2) Which choice prevents indefinite loops in an IP Network?
3) You need to view a Windows PC's open TCP connections, which command would you use?
4) Switches and Bridges reside on what OSI layer?
5) Which port is used by SMTP?
6) What layer does a router operate at in the OSI Model?
7) A user on a company's network is experiencing network issues. Their IP is 169.254.144.221, what does this IP indicate?
8) Which choice is a feature on a switch using port-security?
9) In full duplex communication, information can pass?
10) RIP and OSPF are examples of what?
11) What type of server dynamically assigns Internet Protocol Addresses?
12) Jack, a network technician, needs to subnet a class C network into as many subnets as possible, with at least 22 usable hosts per subnet. What subnet mask should he use?
13) Which type of cabling would not be affected by interference from other nearby cables?
14) Which tool can help a technician identify a break in a fiber optic line?
15) A malicious AP that appears as a legitimate wireless access point, is known as what?
16) A subnet placed outside of a firewall, that is very lightly protected is known as what?
17) Which of the following can translate IP Addresses, allowing for private IP's to traverse the Internet?
18) Which switch for the ping command, will ping a host a specific number of times?
19) What is the purpose of using STP ethernet cables instead of UTP ethernet cables?
20) Which of the following is a loopback address?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.