This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) What would the default subnet mask for the IP 172.16.24.45 be?
2) What command will allow you to determine the MAC Address of a local print server?
3) You suspect a hacker has accessed the network. Which of the following may help you confirm your suspicion?
4) You need to confirm the configuration of a NIC, what command should you use?
5) Your company wants to allow only HTTPS traffic to a web server, what port should be allowed?
6) Which command will give you a list of host names connected to the local network?
7) What is the effect of increasing antenna gain on an access point?
8) Which of these default ports, when disabled, will disallow TFTP traffic?
9) What media would be best for a backbone connection, which will connect multiple floors of a large buildings network with thousands of users?
10) Which protocol periodically uses a 3-way handshake to authenticate a connection?
11) What type of IP address should be a assigned to a server?
12) How many collision and broadcast domains are present on a 24-port router?
13) Which wireless encryption protocol supports the AES cipher?
14) Which cable type would be a cost effective choice for a data center with large amounts of servers?
15) Which devices can block ports and filter data on a network?
16) If a CAT5 cable is longer than the standard maximum length, which problem is most likely to be an issue?
17) Which OSI model layer is used for logical addressing?
18) An employee connects to her desktop from her home computer, using the built in Windows Remote Desktop feature. What port is she most likely using?
19) The transmission of bits is considered to be on which layer in the OSI model?
20) Which of the following is a technology used specifically for wireless communications?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.