This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) A standard MAC Address consists of how many bits?
2) An E1 line supports how many Mbps?
3) In the OSI model, what layer is a router located?
4) IPv6 addresses consist of how many bits?
5) Which device could cause disruption in wireless network communications?
6) True or False: It is possible for a CAT 5e cable to span a length of 200 meters without signal degradation or a device to amplify the signal.
7) You want to further secure your WAP so that your neighbors in your apartment building can not identify it. Which of the following options would achieve this?
8) You need to run cable through the airspace between offices, what type of cable is required to do this safely?
9) What type of filtering allows for blocking or allowing access to specific domain names?
10) Which port or ports does RDP use?
11) If you needed to attach an RJ-45 connector to a CAT-5e Ethernet cable, what tool would you use?
12) You have been asked to install a new switch onto the network. This switch does not have routing capabilities, which OSI Model layer does this switch belong to?
13) Which of the following options is capable of detecting malicious activity on a single machine, but will not attempt to stop said activity?
14) Which of the following options could be used to describe OSPF and RIP?
15) Which communication medium is least susceptible to EMI?
16) 802.11 is a set of standards designed to implement what?
17) A network device designed to manage the distribution of a network's workload between near-identical resources is called:
18) What kind of terminations would be used to create a crossover cable?
19) Which Windows command line utility will use ICMP echo/reply packets to test a connection to a remote host?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.