This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) Which of the following OSI model layers is between the Network and Session layers?
2) Which of the following could be used to estimate Round-Trip Time (RTT) across a router?
3) You suspect an employee of using the company's Internet connection to download illegal content. Which of the following can be used to inspect ongoing network traffic?
4) Which of the following operates at OSI layer 2 to forward traffic based on the MAC address?
5) Which of the following is the prefix for a link-local IPv6 address?
6) Which of the following network tools is used to identify running services on host devices?
7) When configuring a wireless access point, Alex, a network administrator, needs to determine the MAC address of a local printer. Which of the following commands would be MOST helpful in determining the MAC address?
8) Which of the following is a Class A private IP address?
9) Rachael, a network administrator, has disabled STP on the local network. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause of a recent spike in duplicate traffic?
10) Jennifer, a technician replaces a customer's router, and is now unable to ping the ISP's gateway. Which of the following should the technician check?
11) Which of the following protocols is used by the ping command?
12) Philip, an administrator, is responsible for one Linux and two Windows servers. He would like to review all server logs centrally. Which of the following services could Philip use in this scenario?
13) In which of the following layers of the OSI model does the TCP protocol operate?
14) Jeff, a customer, has requested a solution to allow all internally and externally bound traffic to be monitored. Which of the following would allow a packet sniffer to do this?
15) Philip, a technician, has been asked to configure the WAN interface connecting to the ISP's router. Which of the following interfaces on the router will be modified?
16) Lin, a network engineer, needs to troubleshoot a remote router within the WAN. Which of the following user authentications would be the BEST to implement?
17) Managing a network device on a dedicated channel that is not used for regular network traffic is known as:
18) Which of the following commands could Philip, a network administrator, use to determine the IP address of a Linux server?
19) Lin, a network technician, needs to configure a port on a switch to provide connectivity and electrical support to a WAP being installed in a warehouse. Which of the following features needs to be configured on the switch?
20) Which of the following technologies would be used in a small office area that has a lot of 2.4GHz noise?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.