The CompTIA 220-902 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover operating systems like Windows, Macintosh OSX and Linux as well as topics like security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
1) You are deploying a web server in a Windows environment and are tasked with ensuring that internal clients can access the resources hosted on the server via an internet browser. Firewall ports have been opened for 80, 443, 20, 21 and 23. Your server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 and it is configured with teamed NICs. Which service is most likely needed on this server?
2) You are tasked with creating scripts that will run on a schedule, checking the status of various Windows system resources and services. Your boss has stated that they would prefer you to utilize a scripting language that is best suited for the task at hand and does not require you code basic resource and service-checking functionality for the task. You choose to utilize:
3) Personally Identifiable Information (PII) should be safeguarded from unauthorized access. Which of the following would be considered PII?
4) During your daily technical support duties you accidentally view a user's password as they enter it. You inadvertently committed a _______ attack.
5) You are copying several very large files to a remote server that experiences intermittent connectivity issues. Choose the tool that would be best used for this task.
6) You have been tasked with determining why a service fails to start in a server test environment. There are numerous services required for the application to function, but a single service is failing to start upon boot. This service also happens to be the last service that is supposed to start. A delayed start is not required, nor is a manual start and the service is enabled. You can manually start the service and it will function normally until the next system reboot. The service is run under "System". Knowing these things you open up the "Services" application and check:
7) There have been reports of a Windows server system running slowly and a member of the application support team has suggested adding more CPU and memory resources to the virtual machine. Before doing this you should check the _________ utility.
8) When issues are reported, what is the best method or technology to track them?
9) A client has received a DLL not found error and has reported the issue to you. The client has also informed you that they have downloaded the the missing DLL file from the internet and believes they have resolved the issue. What is the first action should you take to regarding this situation?
10) True or false: It is best practice to allow system administrators to have administrator privileges associated with their normal user account.
11) A user has described an issue to you that requires your attention. While you think you grasp the concept of what they are asking for, the best course of action would be:
12) Which of the following statements is true regarding the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit version of the Windows OS?
13) You have been tasked with deploying full device encryption on Windows 10 devices in your office. Choose the Microsoft provided utility to achieve this task.
14) The Microsoft utility commonly known as SFC is an abbreviation for the words _____________.
15) In terms of IT security, a mantrap is best described by one of the following statements.
16) Which of the following best describes a statement that reflects the nature of a virtual machine?
17) The Linux operating system has many command line base functions. For instance the command "sudo" is utilized to:
18) A hypervisor is most commonly associated with which of the following technologies?
19) A kernel panic is an error that can take place in Unix based systems that most closely resembles a similar fatal error in a Windows environment. Select the most similar fatal error.
20) True or false: The best tool for cleaning a dusty desktop PC case is a vacuum.
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.