The CompTIA 220-902 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover operating systems like Windows, Macintosh OSX and Linux as well as topics like security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
1) Mike has brought his personal laptop running Windows 7 from home for use on the office network, which utilizes Active Directory. He is unable to access company resources, to include the sharedrive, intranet (SharePoint), and printer. He states "these are automatic for my work machine and Sarah's personal laptop." What is something you can do that would get Mike access to these resources?
2) Which term refers to a logically separate portion of a single physical hard drive?
3) Your employer wants you to recommend a cloud service that will allow the IT department to deploy web applications without having to configure physical equipment or operating systems. What type of service is he talking about?
4) Which of the following technologies allows a PC to boot an operating system from a separate network location?
5) You are having trouble with several drivers on your system and want to uninstall them, but can't do it while Windows 8 is running normally. What tool will allow you to boot into Safe Mode?
6) Which of the following should be regularly performed to prevent data loss in the event of data corruption or drive failure?
7) In a (Windows) command prompt you type "cd C:\Users\msmith", the output is "Access is denied." How can you overcome this issue.
8) A user calls you and asks to reset his password, you confirm that it is actually the user on the phone, and he says his username is bobsmith, you are in a Linux environment. What is the appropriate command for resetting his password?
9) Your employer is concerned about zero-day attacks to obtain their intellectual property, what security feature helps mitigate such an attack.
10) You are passed a trouble ticket about an issue involving a Windows 7 system that should allow remote connections. The previous tech said the RDP service is not set to start automatically. How do you fix this?
11) You have just installed several updates for a Windows 7 system, prior to reaching the login screen the system immediately reboots. How would you try to access the system via its installed OS?
12) You recently connected a new Windows 8 machine to your company's network with Active Directory, but it is not displaying the proper company logon screen, legal banner, or wall paper. What tool is best suited for correcting this problem.
13) What type of policy would allow Stacy to use her iPad during meetings for email, taking notes, and accessing the company's intranet?
14) Stan, the new HR manager, wants everyone in his department to have access to create and delete accounts to streamline the process for getting new hires setup in the system. Why is this not a good idea?
15) An office of 25 computers is interested in employing a file server, network shares, and print server functionality. Which of the following network setups would be BEST suited for this situation?
16) Your surpervisor asks you to come up with ideas for increasing the physical security in a computer lab used for sensitive projects, which of the following would NOT be an acceptable suggestion?
17) You are formatting a new USB drive to be used between several systems running different operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux). What is the best format to use for the USB drive?
18) You show up to work and there is a powered-on laptop on your desk, you co-worker instructs you to make a backup of the user files on the system since the system has been having problems booting. During the process you discover child pornography on the machine, what do you immediately do?
19) Determine which of these options is a technology used by CPU's to segregate blocks of memory for exclusive use by an application:
20) An unknown device has been found on a SOHO wireless router. Which of the following is BEST to perform to keep this device off the network?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.