The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover operating systems like Windows, Macintosh OSX and Linux as well as topics like security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
1) A user is experiencing slow performance with their computer. A technician suspects the computer has a virus and runs antivirus software. A virus is found and removed, but the performance issue is not resolved. Which of the following should the technician perform next?
2) Which of the following is a command line tool that will translate between a domain name and an IP Address?
3) Recently the company you work for began investigating the possibility of replacing their payroll system with a cloud based service provided by a third party company. Which type of service is this?
4) A user reports that their PC does not work. Which of the following would be the BEST question for the technician to ask the user to get further information?
5) Which of the following is the default package manager for the Ubuntu Linux distribution?
6) Which of the following passwords is the MOST secure according to industry best practices?
7) A technician is trying to setup a non-domain user account on a workstation, but receives the following error message "Password does not meet the complexity requirements." Which of the following utilities should the technician use to identify the criteria?
8) A user is installing Windows 7 on a PC with a RAID card. The user has verified all of the cables are connected correctly, but the installation media does not detect any hard drives. Which of the following should the user do to help detect the hard drives?
9) A user has called the help desk where you work stating they cannot find a file on their PC. After asking a few basic questions you have determined they are using Mac OSX. Which standard OSX application can help them locate their file?
10) You are creating a support ticket for a customer. While they are explaining their PC's symptoms you believe you already know the solution. What should you do?
11) You are a desktop technician for a graphic design company. The company issues Apple computers running OSX 10.9 to all employees. Recently you have been asked to find a solution that will allow employees to use Windows applications on their computers. Which of the following is a potential solution?
12) In a Linux operating system environment, what command will display the current directory to the user?
13) Which of the following is true about the difference between a worm and a virus?
14) Which of the following commands may be used on a computer, running Windows 7, to stop a single process from the command line?
15) Of which of the following Windows System Power States saves the contents of memory to a file on the PC's hard drive?
16) Social engineering makes use primarily of which of the following techniques, to bypass common corporate security barriers?
17) Alex, a technician, would like to map a network drive when he starts up his computer in the morning. Which of the following commands would he use to accomplish this task?
18) The practice of following an authorized person through an entrance without using a badge or token to defeat security is called:
19) When is it acceptable to a IT business to make copies of customer's confidential data?
20) An unauthorized user observing system security procedure such as typing in a password or pin code is known as:
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.