The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) Which of the following systems would you most likely assign a static IP address to in an office environment?
2) There is a loud clicking noise coming from a user's PC and they've noticed that the PC is running slower than it normally would. These symptoms mean that you should focus your diagnosis on the:
3) The modern standard for motherboard-based expansion slots in a desktop PC is known as:
4) A user has reported that their laptop screen flickers for a few seconds and turns black. They can still see an image in the background. The following has likely failed and will need to be replaced:
5) A server has experienced a hard drive failure in your data center. The server is utilizing a RAID 6 configuration. How many drives can fail and still remain fault-tolerant?
6) In the context of paper-based printing, what is the primary function of a fuser unit?
7) Multi-factor authentication can be accomplished in conjunction with a password via all of the following peripherals, except for:
8) The act of sharing internet connectivity via the use of a cellular device's internet connection is called:
9) A user has requested a DVD-ROM drive be added to their desktop PC so they can watch videos sent in by vendors. You only have a Blu-Ray player in inventory. Is it likely you deploy this to the user and meet their requirement?
10) You have been asked to select access points for a new office. The office is largely constructed of dry-wall and metal studs with many partition walls in place for noise reduction in work areas. There will also be significant amounts of glass walling between meeting rooms. A colleague suggests deploying access points operating on the 5 GHz spectrum. Is this the best choice for the new office?
11) Without the use of dongles, modern Apple phones utilize the ______ type of connector for data transfer.
12) Users cannot remotely access any servers via RDP on the network. You should ensure that the port ______ is open on the firewall.
13) A projector in a conference room has been shutting down randomly during meetings. You've checked the operational hours for the bulb and they remain well within it's lifespan. You have also verified the seating and integrity of the bulb. You hear the whir of the fan from the projector from several feet away, but no grinding or knocking. There are no power-saving settings turned on. There are heat-warnings visible on the interface. You suspect that you may need to replace:
14) You are attempting to image a computer from a PXE server but the PC is defaulting to checking the DVD drive for an image disk. You know you should change the __________ in BIOS to select the PXE server as the image location.
15) All but one of the following statements regarding RAM parity are true. Select the false answer.
16) Single-mode fiber can be identified visually as it is typically _________ color.
17) A ticket has been escalated to you regarding a client that is not holding BIOS configurations between shutdowns and is experiencing system-time issues. The first thing you should attempt is:
18) One of your users travels often for work, utilizing their laptop as their main device. When in the office they desire more full functionality such as using additional monitors, a full-sized keyboard and a conventional mouse. Which of the following would best allow the user to have these things?
19) A PC you are working on fails to boot it's OS. The OS is installed, but the PC cannot seem to access it. Your first course of action should be to:
20) Your business has purchased a facility across the street and will need an office set up there. You've spoken to the city and contractors about establishing network connectivity, but all physical methods of connectivity will require that the street be excavated, which is cost prohibitive. You suggest __________, which would be the most effective and reliable connection in the absence of physical connectivity.
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.