The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) The northbridge chipset of a motherboard handles communication between all of the following, except:
2) You are building a new, high performance personal desktop PC and are deciding on a motherboard. Not considering overclock-ability, to maximize performance and future capacity to upgrade, you should choose a motherboard with the following supported RAM slots:
3) A RAM module has gone out on your laptop and requires replacement. Without opening the laptop up or possessing any additional knowledge about your system, you know that you will most likely need to replace the module with a ______ type module.
4) A user has hooked their Windows 7 laptop up to a projector in one of your office's conference rooms and you receive a call to assist them in projecting their content in the desired manner.
The user would like to have their laptop display not feature any content, while still allowing the projector to display a presentation. You should direct the user to utilize the following setting:
5) You work in IT for a retailer that is looking to add new methods of payment to the POS devices.
You are currently in a meeting meeting with multiple different teams from IT brainstorming different technologies that could be implemented to meet the requirement listed above. You remember hearing about a sleek new method of payment supported by mobile devices on the Android and iOS platforms. You suggest implementing:
6) You have been tasked with making Ethernet cables of custom length for a server room refresh. Your coworker sends you to get a tool from the cabinet to utilize while making the new cables.
Choose the most necessary tool below:
7) Your boss has requested that you make the PC clients in the public area of the building more resistant to being tampered with. You recall seeing a setting in the BIOS of the clients called chassis intrusion detection which notes if the PC's case has been opened and reports this in the next boot. You set to implementing this because you believe that chassis intrusion detection does not require additional hardware, which your PC's are not equipped with. Does it function?
8) For security reasons, you've created a script on a server that monitors if non-domain users have been added to the local administrators group. You've added logic to the script that sends an email out every time the script is run.
Your script utilizes SMTP for its reporting. Select the port that you will need to ensure is open for your script to send emails.
9) Multiple users have complained that they cannot access servers via RDP. You know that you should check to ensure that the following port is opened:
10) You are installing a hard drive into a desktop PC. The best way to connect the hard drive on a modern client that will be used in an office setting for word processing and running an online email client would be via:
11) You work for a struggling IT company and suspect that it will soon be bankrupt. Your boss has recently taken out a large insurance policy on the data center.
One morning, your boss sheepishly approaches you about re-cabling the entire data center and asks too many questions about fire-ratings.
Which of the following cable types should be used to mitigate the damage of your boss' s suspected insurance fraud scheme?
12) You work for a company that has created what is anticipated to be the best selling tablet ever created. It is expected that everyone on Earth will own one of the new tablets in the next five years.
You are working on the network support division and are tasked with implementing internet connectivity on the device. To address demand you believe it would be best to implement support for:
Choose the best answer.
13) You are experiencing issues on your network and cannot determine where packets are being lost and connectivity is breaking down. You should utilize:
14) Users are having a hard time remembering the IP address for a commonly used network resource.
The IP address is statically set and the connection is established over port 443.
You know that you have a tool that can solve this issue on your Domain Controller. You log on and configure:
15) A user has lost the charging cable for their company issued Android smartphone. You are tasked with providing them with a replacement. The user has requested that they need not utilize an adapter to make the cable work with their device.
While you would need to know the specific make and model of the device to supply the correct charging cable, you can immediately rule out one of the following cables:
16) Laptops use a form of PCI slot similar to desktop PC's. These smaller form-factor slots are called:
17) A user has reported that their desktop PC cannot connect to drive locations on the network. The user is utilizing a wired connection.
DHCP is being utilized in your network.
Choose the most correct first step in troubleshooting:
18) True or false: There are two data transfer modes to USB 1.1: Low-Speed and Full-Speed.
19) What is the technical name (or name according to JDEC) for DDR2-1066 RAM modules?
20) When installing a new CPU or cleaning a computer case as part of regular maintenance, where is thermal compound applied?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.