The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) What power source is required by the RTC on a motherboard?
2) What is the maximum cable length allowable for all IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices?
3) The Thunderbolt 3 cable uses which standard connector type?
4) What is the number of contact pins the MicroDIMM DDR2 SDRAM modules typically used by laptops use?
5) What is a drawback of using integrated graphics?
6) What is the name of the reversible connector used by Apple mobile handheld devices?
7) A 64-bit CPU can be used either with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
8) What is the maximum length of a Lightning cable typically used for charging Apple smartphones?
9) Which of the terms listed below refers to a situation where a single Central Processing Unit (CPU) appears as two virtual CPUs to the operating system?
10) What is the main purpose of the BIOS when a computer is first powered on?
11) A single IEEE 1394 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) host controller can support up to how many devices at a given time?
12) What is the name used for the bus between the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and the northbridge?
13) A type of Central Processing Unit (CPU) architecture where a single physical CPU contains more than one execution core on a single die or chip is known as:
14) If a system fails to auto-configure the newly added adapter card through PnP, finishing the configuration process requires manual installation of device drivers.
15) After installing a new integrated component such as a Network Interface Card (NIC) on a newly assembled computer system you should first:
16) What Digital Visual Interface (DVI) connector types does not provide support for digital signal transmission?
17) The Micro Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) standard defines data cable connector consisting of:
18) What is the purpose of the No-eXecute (NX bit) technology used in Intel CPUs?
19) What connector type is utilized by Thunderbolt 3?
20) What integrated circuit types best defines the core functionality and capabilities of a motherboard?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.