The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) What power source is required by the RTC on a motherboard?
2) After installing a new integrated component such as a Network Interface Card (NIC) on a newly assembled computer system you should first:
3) What is the purpose of the No-eXecute (NX bit) technology used in Intel CPUs?
4) What is the number of contact pins the MicroDIMM DDR2 SDRAM modules typically used by laptops use?
5) What is a drawback of using integrated graphics?
6) What is the name used for the bus between the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and the northbridge?
7) The Micro Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) standard defines data cable connector consisting of:
8) A single IEEE 1394 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) host controller can support up to how many devices at a given time?
9) What integrated circuit types best defines the core functionality and capabilities of a motherboard?
10) What is the maximum cable length allowable for all IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices?
11) What is the maximum length of a Lightning cable typically used for charging Apple smartphones?
12) What is the main purpose of the BIOS when a computer is first powered on?
13) A type of Central Processing Unit (CPU) architecture where a single physical CPU contains more than one execution core on a single die or chip is known as:
14) The Thunderbolt 3 cable uses which standard connector type?
15) What connector type is utilized by Thunderbolt 3?
16) Which of the terms listed below refers to a situation where a single Central Processing Unit (CPU) appears as two virtual CPUs to the operating system?
17) A 64-bit CPU can be used either with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
18) If a system fails to auto-configure the newly added adapter card through PnP, finishing the configuration process requires manual installation of device drivers.
19) What is the name of the reversible connector used by Apple mobile handheld devices?
20) What Digital Visual Interface (DVI) connector types does not provide support for digital signal transmission?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.