The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) Which option is a feature of cabling that uses an RJ-11 connector?
2) While working as an IT Support Technician your employer has purchased 200 used desktop computers from a bulk reseller. You have been asked to reset the bios settings, identify and diagnose POST issues and install Windows 10 professional. Which option will reset the BIOS to it's factory default settings?
3) What is the term used to describe the binary value used in RAM and RAID storage to determine if data has been corrupted?
4) Choose the option that is NOT hot swap-able:
5) Which option can commonly be found as an internal storage component in a mobile device like a tablet or smart phone?
6) Of the following connectors, which is the most common connector type used for a PCs power supply and other hardware components located inside the computer case?
7) How many pins are present on a DDR3 SO-DIMM?
8) A common purpose of the CMOS battery is:
9) Which options is the MOST accurate when describing ECC memory?
10) You are setting up a new workstation and decided to use a twisted-pair copper cable to connect the PC to your switch. Which connector would best suit your needs?
11) You are on the procurement team in the IT department of a large corporation. Your responsibility is to fact-check any IT related purchase requests to ensure the request's requirements are met. While reviewing an order of 6500 new tablet devices you notice one of the requirements is for a multi-color screen. Based on the type of tablets to be purchased you think this order will not meet this requirement. The tablets most likely have which type of screen?
12) Which answer correctly describes a characteristic of the AM3 processor socket?
13) Your IT department has access to Network Attached Storage (NAS). You learn that files are accessed from storage technology that combines multiple disk drives into a single logical unit to increase logical volume size, improve performance, or reliability. This combination of individual disk drives to make a single logical unit is know as a:
14) You are an IT consultant working with a large retail company who recently implemented Apple Pay in all stores. The companies customer service department has been receiving calls asking why some iOS users are unable to use Apple Pay. What is most likely the issue?
15) The ability to add or remove a component without causing an interruption or powering off a system is known as what?
16) The DVI-D connector type is capable of transmitting both analog and digital signals?
17) Which component can you install to link a computer to the network cable system?
18) You are a desktop technician at a large company. A user has been complaining that their desktop has been making clicking noises and tasks like booting up and opening files has become very slow. What is most likely the cause of these issues?
19) A double layer DVD can store up to how many MB of data?
20) Similar to PATA, Serial ATA can be used to connect multiple disk drives using a single data cable.
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.