The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) You sit down at an unfamiliar server with a black prompt, you decide to identify the server by checking its IP address. You type ipconfig and it responds "bash: ipconfig: command not found...," what command will likely give you the information you're looking for?
2) You need to make a backup of a small database storing customer information for historical records. The database is about 5.5 GB in size. Of the options, which is the best storage media for this task?
3) You are called to look at a co-workers computer. It is not powering on, no fans start, there is no sound, and no lights turn on when the power button is pushed. What should you do first?
4) A user complains that he can no longer see any wireless networks, connect to his bluetooth headset, or make phone calls on his Android phone. Which of the following options would best address these issues?
5) You have been tasked by the Network Team to assign a server a new static IP address. You are receiving an error when attempting to apply the IP 172.256.1.15 with a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0. What is the issue causing the error?
6) You are configuring a static IP address on a Windows system and realize the netmask is written as "/25," what is the proper way to input this into the network configuration for this system?
7) You're setting up a SOHO and want to setup a dedicated backup server with 2 HDDs. You will be backing up valuable files like family pictures and tax forms, so you value redundancy and reliability over speed. What is the best configuration for this server?
8) The cursor on your laptop keeps drifting in the same direction, you disconnect your mouse and this continues to happen regardless of you using the touchpad. What actions can you take to remedy this?
9) A user working in a warehouse calls and tells you that his computer keeps freezing or rebooting at random, it makes an annoying high-pitch squeak/squeal when running. What is likely to be the issue?
10) There is a printer shared via Windows File and Printer sharing on your SOHO network. When your husband attempts to print he receives an "Access Denied" error. Where should you look to correct this issue?
11) The clock on your computer keeps falling out of sync, you have to set it each time you restart the computer or power it on. The offset is never consistent. What should you do to correct this issue?
12) There is a network (RJ45) port in your office, recently it stopped working. There is no connectivity provided when you plugin to it. The cable and your NIC are known-good, you need to make sure the cable on the back-end of the port is connected but the wiring closet is a disaster. Which tool will assist with this?
13) An old Linux server is having USB driver problems and your co-worker needs to bring a different type of keyboard or an adapter. What type of keyboard/adapter is likely needed?
14) Your company is planning on issuing all management employees an iPhone 6S and an iPad pro. All of the work stations in the office have USB ports; what type of cable is needed to connect these new devices to their work station?
15) You are in charge of purchasing new computers for the office, they need to "boot fast and store large video files for editing, don't blow your budget either." The systems only have room for one type of storage device and one type of optical device. What is the best drive to meet these requirements?
16) You are having issues connecting/consoling to a Linux server hosting a database of customer information from your home machine, you think the problems are being caused by a blocked port on your firewall. Which port on your firewall is likely to cause this sort of an issue if blocked?
17) Your supervisor decides he wants to transition the office from a fiber connection to a satellite connection. The office relies on the connection for VoIP, email and cloud storage. You find that the prices for satellite connections are cheaper. Why would you advise against this change?
18) Your boss wants you to come up with a solution for allowing people to easily move their laptops between work and home without having to move and reconnect their mouse, keyboard, network, monitor, etc. What technology will enable this?
19) What type of network cabling has 2 pairs and traditionally only utilizes 1 of the pairs?
20) You want to move from using physical servers to using virtual servers/machines (VMs) while utilizing the same hardware that is currently in place. You need to make sure this is possible, what feature must your CPU support?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.