The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) Your supervisor has asked you to record the IP version 6 addresses of several SUSE Linux systems into a spreadsheet. Which command can you use to obtain this information?
2) You are an IT Support Specialist for a medium sized company. An executive is traveling overseas and does not want his company phone to cause any data or service related fees. Which of the following solutions will ensure this does not occur?
3) Your supervisor has asked you to bring her a DE-15 connector. Which of the following is she referring to?
4) You are a Desktop and Laptop Technician for a small computer repair shop. A customer on a limited budget has asked you to upgrade their laptop in order to increase performance. Which of the following components can be easily replaced or upgraded?
5) A large company has a nation-wide network, consisting of several smaller networks linked through a VPN and the internet. Which term would best apply to this network?
6) How many pins are present in SATA data and power cables?
7) You are a server support technician for a data warehouse company. Recently a Windows based server has had several unexpected shut downs. Where should you look first for more information?
8) You are planning the installation of several wireless access points in a large warehouse. The access points are typically located on the ceiling far away from power sources. Which technology could be used to power the device?
9) What type of device most commonly uses a static IP address?
10) Your motherboard has 4 memory slots - 2 blue and 2 black. How should you arrange your memory?
11) You have recently started as a network technician for a small finance company. The company has been experiencing network outages and very slow transmission speeds. The network has 6 hubs and 1 router, what is most likely causing the poor network performance?
12) You are a network technician for a consulting company. A small company with several wireless access points has been experiencing intermittent outages for employees near the break room. What is most likely the cause?
13) Which type of motherboard expansion slot has various speeds such as x16 and x32?
14) While troubleshooting a hardware issue on a laptop with a removable battery you have come to the conclusion that there is a physical issue with one of the laptop's components. The laptop is not plugged into an external power source, what is the next step before opening the laptop's case?
15) You are a IT Analyst for a large chain of stores. Your department has been asked to evaluate accepting payments through wireless transmission from mobile devices. Which standard technology are they referring to?
16) Which of the following options can be used as a storage device to boot an operating system?
17) You are a network technician for a small consulting company. A client has asked you to evaluate options for several SOHO networks to allow employees to work from home. Often the employees modem is in a different area of the house than their home office. The company has a very strict policy that disallows wireless networks. Which of the following is the most cost effective option?
18) Which protocol uses the well known TCP port 443?
19) Which TCP port number is used by Post Office Protocol 3?
20) Which of the following devices or systems is critical in the event of a power outage?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.