The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) Which of the following network standards can operate at two different channel widths on the same spectrum simultaneously?
2) Which of the following properly describes the basic operating of a layer 2 network switch?
3) A supervisor has asked you to update the BIOS on a customer's laptop. Where is the best place to find the correct BIOS firmware?
4) Of the following choices, which is an industry standard protocol used by computer networks to assign IP Addresses to network nodes and devices?
5) Which of the following is a industry standard that provides similar functionality to BIOS?
6) You are a Server Administrator at a small company. Company policy dictates that all remote connections must be encrypted and accessed using some form of authentication. Which of the following will allow a user to upload a large file from home, while adhering to company policy?
7) A customer is explaining their PC's symptoms, but you already know what the issue is. Which is the most appropriate action?
8) Which of the following properly describes the purpose of a KVM?
9) Which of the following network topologies provides the most redundancy to protect against network outages?
10) You are a Desktop Technician in a company's IT Department. You need to find the hardware specifications of a desktop, however the device does not have an operating system installed. Which of the following options will display this information?
11) You need to configure a SOHO network to provide IP Addresses to devices on the network. Which feature should be enabled?
12) Select the option that could properly be used to describe the characteristics of a VGA cable?
13) Which of the following will be the first to receive heat leaving a processor?
14) ECC type memory would be most commonly found in which type of device?
15) Which of the following options would typically be associated with encryption?
16) You are trying to use RDP to control a Windows computer from your office to an accountant's computer in the corporate office building. What port should be opened in the firewalls between the two locations?
17) Which of the following wireless communication standards requires line of sight in order to operate?
18) What CAT version is RATED to provide a transmission speed of 1000 Mbps?
19) You are an IT Support Technician for a large office building. A user is complaining their laptop often does not charge or stops charging if they move it. What is most likely the issue?
20) Which of the following is the default TCP/IP port for the standard HTTP protocol?
21) Why would you use plenum rated cables when installing new cabling in a data-center?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.