This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-802. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Which of the following IP Addresses would be automatically assigned when a Windows PC is unable to contact a DHCP Server?
2) A technician is accessing a Windows PC via SSH. Which command can the technician use to create a new directory on the PC?
3) You have been instructed to configure a database server running Windows Server 2008 to alert technicians when the server's processor or memory is running above 75% capacity. Which of the following technologies will help you achieve this?
4) A desktop user is contacting the IT Department and complaining their computer will not turn on and is making beeping noises. Which of the following can cause this?
5) Which Windows tool can prevent programs from automatically opening upon start up?
6) Which of the following connector types is most commonly found on non-iOS smartphones?
7) A technician has just installed additional RAM onto an employee's laptop. The laptop now has 6GB of RAM, but Windows 7 shows "4GB Usable Memory" What is most likely the issue?
8) A friend has come to you for help with a laptop, which has been regularly experiencing the BSOD and is making a faint clicking noise. What is most likely the issue with this laptop?
9) Which of the following terms describes a folder's permissions defaulting to match the permissions of it's parents folder?
10) You are installing Windows Server 2008 R2 onto a new company file server that uses a RAID card. You have verified that all cabling is correctly seated, but Windows is not recognizing any storage mediums for installation. Which of the following will most likely correct the issue?
11) A technician is troubleshooting a PC that is not completing POST and merely provides an audible beep code. Which of the following should be the FIRST item checked?
12) Which of the following allows an Android device to track movements, such as a tilt or shake?
13) Which of the following Windows commands can identify and repair corrupted information and other hard drive issues?
14) A critical server was replaced by the IT staff the previous night. The following morning, some users are reporting that they are unable to browse to the Internet upon booting their workstations. Users who did not shut down their workstations the previous day are able to connect to the Internet. A technician looks at the following report from a workstation with no Internet connectivity: IP Address: 192.168.1.101, Netmask: 255.255.255.0, DHCP Server:192.168.1.1, DNS Server:192.168.1.2, Default Gateway:192.168.1.1, Given the above report, which of the following is the cause of why some workstations are unable to browse the Internet?
15) Which of the following is true about a file when it is copied from an NTFS to a FAT32 partitions?
16) After replacing a motherboard on a customer's laptop for a no sound issue, a technician realizes that there is intermittent wireless connectivity on the laptop. Which of the following should the technician perform FIRST?
17) Which of the following Windows command line tools will provide a computer's network configuration information?
18) You are a network administrator for a large company. Several network users have complained that they are receiving odd emails from another user, who claims they have not sent any emails today. Which of the following will most likely stop the issue?
19) Which of the following security threats is BEST mitigated through proper user training?
20) Which of the following will allow a Windows OS to boot with only the essentials like basic drivers, required programs and default settings?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.