This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-802. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Which of the following is TRUE about the difference between a worm and a virus?
2) A user has called the IT Department and states that their computer does not work. Which of the following would be the BEST question to obtain further information?
3) A friend has come to you seeking help with a gaming PC he uses at home. He has replaced his monitor with a very large 1080p TV, but when he runs any games on the PC they appear much smaller and do not fit the entire TV screen. Which answer is most likely the problem?
4) Susan, a new user, was recently given a new company laptop. While traveling, Susan reports that her laptop shuts off whenever it is unplugged, even if the battery is 100% charged. Which of the following should the technician do?
5) Of which of the following Windows System Power States saves the contents of memory to a file on the PC's hard drive?
6) The payroll department works with company financial data and had an incident that involved employeeâ€™s salary being shared across the network. Which of the following actions would solve this problem?
7) Which of the following security best practices would prevent a program on a CD from immediately launching when inserted into a computer?
8) Which of the following should be regularly scheduled to fix hard drive errors?
9) Which of the following terms describes a group of devices communicating using Bluetooth?
10) Which of the following security threats requires the attacker to be physically located near the target machine?
11) A new company policy requires privacy screens for all computers in publicly accessible spaces. Privacy screens help protect against which of the following?
12) Which of the following commands will allow a user to discover their IP address, subnet mask and DNS server address?
13) Which of the following boot methods receives the bootstrap files from a network server?
14) Which of the following is the MOST secure method of data removal that will still allow a drive to be reused, but will not allow erased data to be easily recovered from a hard drive?
15) A technician would like to restart a computer from a command line tool. Which of the following tools should the technician use?
16) A user is concerned about an issue with iOS. Which technology is the user referring too?
17) Which of the following commands will force the Windows Operating System to power off after one minute?
18) Social engineering makes use primarily of which of the following techniques, to bypass common corporate security barriers?
19) Which of the following passwords is the MOST secure according to industry best practices?
20) Which of the following security best practices would prevent a program on a CD from immediately launching when inserted into a computer?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.