This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-801. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) A user wants to limit access to their SOHO network by only allowing certain devices to access it. Which of the following will provide the MOST restrictive access?
2) Which of the following is the MAXIMUM transfer speed of USB 2.0?
3) Which of the following printer types does NOT use ink?
4) Of the following video cable types, which would be the MOST likely to signal degradation over long distances?
5) Which of the following network tools will BEST help a technician trace a network cable's location?
6) A user recently installed a new printer to replace their older Inkjet printer. After installation any documents they print instead show garbled and unreadable characters. Which of the following should a technician try first?
7) Of the following devices, which one converts between digital signals and analog signals?
8) During boot up a PC shows an error stating that the System Date and Time is not set. Which of the following will solve this issue?
9) Which of the following options is a volatile RAM type that can be used in a dual-channel configuration?
10) Which of the following options properly describes the difference between a plenum rated cable and a non-plenum rated cable?
11) Which of the following devices could be considered the LEAST secure?
12) Which of the following wireless standards requires line-of-sight in order to operate?
13) You have been asked to purchase new cabling for a POTS connection. Which of the following connectors could be used?
14) Which of the following peripheral devices will allow multiple PC's to share a common display or set of displays?
15) Of the following devices, which one would be MOST likely to be placed in a home network's DMZ?
16) How many pins are defined the a standard HDMI Type A connector?
17) After upgrading their Internet connection to gigabit internet, a user is reporting speeds no higher than 100 Mbps. The user was told by a technician at their ISP that the issue is on the user's home network. The user stated they only need speeds higher than 100 Mbps on a single desktop computer. Which of the following would most likely solve this problem?
18) Which of the following properly describes the use of the DHCP protocol as it relates to a TCP/IP network?
19) Which of the following stores data from frequently used main memory locations?
20) A standard SATA power cable consists of how many pins?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.