This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-801. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Your employer is in the middle of a remodel and the IT Department is responsible for moving RJ-45 wall jacks to new locations. Which tool can be used verify connectivity of a RJ-45 port after it has been moved?
2) A user reports that their printouts contain a shadow of the previous image. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
3) You need a PC to boot an operating system from a remote server, which BIOS method can you use?
4) You are a technician in a computer repair shop. A customer has brought in an old (broken) laptop and has asked you to extract the data for use on a new computer. Assuming the hard drive is fully functioning, which of the following methods would most easily allow this?
5) Which of the following should be regularly performed to prevent data loss in the event of data corruption or drive failure?
6) Which of the following allows network prioritization based on packet contents?
7) Amanda, a user, has a laptop running Windows Xp Professional. She has asked the IT Department to update her laptop to run Windows 7. Which of the following should be done first?
8) An office of 25 computers is interested in employing a file server, network shares, and print server functionality. Which of the following network setups would be BEST suited for this situation?
9) While working for a IT Consulting firm, you have been tasked with setting up several SOHO wireless networks. Which of the following will ensure the security of confidential data?
10) Which of the following choices is used as a standard measurement when referring to printed media?
11) Data may be recovered after a drive failure in a RAID 0 configuration.
12) You have been assigned to configure a new enterprise wireless router for your employer's network. Which of the following settings should be changed first?
13) An unknown device has been found on a SOHO wireless router. Which of the following is BEST to perform to keep this device off the network?
14) A technician is working on a PC that utilizes a RAID array for operation. The user of the system has reported that random files are becoming corrupted on creation with no pattern to the activity. One drive in the array is likely failing and causing the read/write failures. Which of the following types of RAID is MOST likely in use?
15) A customer is complaining that their laptop often restarts with no warning, most often when they are playing video games or have several programs running at once. What is most likely the issue?
16) True or False: Failure of a single disk in a RAID 1 array will not result in permanent data loss.
17) Which term refers a logically separate portion of a single physical hard drive?
18) Which of the following allows devices to operate without requiring a separate power source?
19) A customer is not able to connect to any websites. Which of the following commands should a technician run FIRST to identify the issue?
20) Which of the following technologies allows a PC to boot an operating system from a separate network location?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.