This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-801. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Which of the following can be used as an appropriate boot device?
2) Which of the following is a digital interface?
3) Which type of storage requires regular defragmentation?
4) Which slot would be best for housing a gaming graphics card?
5) What type of expansion slot has "x16" speed?
6) A large company has a nation-wide network, consisting of several smaller networks linked through a VPN and the internet. Which term would best apply to this network?
7) Which of these is most likely needed when installing a new thermal printer?
8) A laptop needs to be opened up, the AC power adapter is currently unplugged. What will the next step be?
9) Which of the following terms describes a network that is entirely in a single building?
10) Which cable type has a max transmission speed of 100Mb?
11) Illegal materials were found on a workstation. Once documented, what should happen next when storing the workstation?
12) Which of the following mediums can transmit the farthest?
13) Which LCD component is responsible for illuminating the display?
14) What does ECC memory do?
15) A user's laptop screen is very dim, a technician checks all settings to be fine. What is likely the issue?
16) Which of the following is likely to be found in a high end gaming desktop?
17) Which of the following laptop components can be easily upgraded?
18) Which of the following is least likely to be considered "consumer replaceable" in a laptop?
19) Your motherboard has 4 memory slots, 2 blue, 2 black. How should you arrange your memory?
20) Which of the following has the fastest connection speed?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.