This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-801. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) You need to configure a SOHO network to provide IP Addresses to devices on the network. Which feature should be enabled?
2) ECC memory achieves what?
3) POP3 uses what port?
4) You are working with digital evidence of criminal activity. What is the most important protocol in this situation?
5) ECC memory is primarily used in what type of computer?
6) What device provides power to a system, so that it can be properly shut down in the event of a power outage?
7) You are a IT consultant, a client company wants to mass produce a PC for a gaming lounge. What should you recommend?
8) Which network device transmits all data to all devices on the network, no matter what?
9) You observe another employee trying to steal a company laptop. What should you do next?
10) Which of the following describes a switch's function?
11) Which of the following would fit with an Intel core i CPU?
12) A KVM switch is used for what purpose?
13) Which of the following has a DB-15 connector?
14) Which of the following devices requires a laptop to be fully power off when installed?
15) A customer is explaining their PC's symptoms, but you already know what the issue is. What should you do?
16) What do you need to do after installing a PCI Sound Card?
17) Which of the following expansion slots is found only in a desktop PC?
18) Which of the following communication standards requires LOS in order to operate?
19) A client's laptop is slow, but they cannot afford a new one. What would be the cheapest and easiest upgrade?
20) Thermal paste is used between your CPU and heat sink in order to what?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.