This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-801. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) You are worried about your cabling being susceptible to EMI, what would be the best choice if cost is not a factor?
2) Which connector type is used for CAT5e cabling?
3) You need to build or select a PC that will be mass produced for your corporate network. What should you consider most?
4) Which medium can travel the farthest distance while losing minimal data?
5) Which of the following network topologies provides the most redundancy?
6) You are a Server Administrator at a small company. Company policy dictates that all remote connections must be encrypted and accessed using some form of authentication. Which of the following will allow a user to upload a large file from home, while adhering to company policy?
7) You are trying to use RDP to control a Windows computer from your office to an accountant's computer in the corporate office building. What port should be opened in the firewalls between the two locations?
8) A 802.11g wireless network has a max speed of?
9) You want to host a gaming server for you and your friends to play on. Where on your network would you place it?
10) Which of the following should have a heat sink?
11) Which of the following network standards can operate at two different channel widths on the same spectrum simultaneously?
12) A client is complaining their laptop often does not charge, or stops charging if they move it. What is most likely the issue?
13) Which of the following protocols will assign IP addresses to network devices?
14) What storage media should you purchase to build a RAID array for a server?
15) You are installing a floppy drive into a new desktop PC, what should you check for before purchasing or installing?
16) Which of the following tools will attach an RJ-45 end to a Cat-5 cable?
17) Why would you use plenum rated cables when installing new cabling in a data-center?
18) What type of expansion card can record security footage from a CCTV system?
19) Which of the following will be the first to receive heat leaving a processor?
20) What CAT version is RATED to provide a transmission speed of 100 mbps?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.