The CompTIA 220-1002 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (1000 series). This exam will focus on troubelshooing mobile devices, security issues and PCs.
1) A user has called the IT help desk where you work stating they clicked a link in an email from their boss and are now receiving a warning in their browser
This site's certificate could not be verified. Are you sure you want to proceed?
How should you instruct the user to move forward?
2) A user complains that an application used for their daily tasks often fails. It will lock up for several seconds, then eventually close out. There is no error message shown to the user. What Windows OS application can be used to try and view a history of the application crashes?
3) You are an email administrator for a large company. Recently a series of emails were sent from a user's email account that the user claims not to have sent. How should you proceed?
4) You are a technician working at a Computer Repair Shop. A customer complains that while their Windows 10 laptop works, it has grown very slow. Of the following options which can be used to troubleshoot the cause of the slow performance?
5) A user is complaining they are getting frequent pop-up windows while browsing the web. You have already verified there is a anti-virus software installed and that no viruses were found. How should you proceed?
6) You have received several emails that appear to be responses from emails originally sent by you. You did not send these emails. The responders are friends of yours and do not seem malicious. What term best describes this situation?
7) A laptop PC is frequently turning off without warning resulting in a black screen and no error messages. Where can you look inside Windows for a possible reason?
8) You are troubleshooting a service failing to start on a Windows 10 laptop. You have already confirmed the service is configured to start using
msconfig. You suspect the application is crashing after being started, where could you look to find a log of errors or crashes?
9) A user with a laptop running Windows 10 Pro N is frequently slowing down when the user leaves their desk. They describe that the machine is fine when they are at their desk, but when in meetings large Excel documents and PowerPoints become sluggish. What is most likely the cause?
10) A user has called the help desk you work at and said they are getting an "all blue screen that says their computer has an issue" a few times a day. Rebooting the PC temporarily fixes it. What should you do next?
11) A computer at work has become infected with malware. After several attempts to remove the malware using a professional anti-malware tool you find the malicious software is not fully removed. What should you do next?
12) Which of the following is NOT a method for stopping a process on a Windows operating system?
13) An application is opening itself on multiple server and desktop PCs on your employer's network. The application is named Antispyware Remover 2020™ and offers to remove infected malware for a price of $99 per infected operating system. The application is very persistent and pop-ups frequently with flashing colors. What term best describes this scenario?
14) What type of malicious software encrypts files, deletes files or changes permissions on files, then claims to reverse the changes after a fee is paid?
15) When a magnetic hard disk is used, what solution can help improve file read/write speeds?
16) You are troubleshooting a connectivity issue on a Windows OS and suspect it is DNS related. What command can be used to see if a DNS server has been assigned?
17) You work for a small company with 8 Windows computers. You recently got a great deal on a new anti-malware software suite and are in the process of installing it onto the PCs. When you go to the anti-malware vendor's website to download the installer you receive a message "Website does not exist." You did not have this issue on any other PCs in the office. What is the most likely explanation?
18) You are a technician working at a Computer Repair Shop. A customer complains that their Windows 8.1 desktop takes a long time to start and is slow for a few minutes after starting. After it has been running for a while the customer does not have any performance issues. What utility can be used to view what processes and applications are configured to start automatically when the PC boots?
19) What technology can be used to reduce the amount of phishing emails received by your companies end users?
20) On Windows 10 what tool can be used to configure automate updates or roll back to a previous version?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.