The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (1000 series). This exam will focus on Virtualization and Cloud Computing.
1) True or false:
It is not possible to install a server operating system in a hypervisor running on a desktop operating system
2) A Data Scientist at work has come to you stating they need several very large servers in order to conduct an analysis of historical customer data. They will need the servers for about 24 hours, after which they will only need the results of the analysis saved to a file service. What benefit of cloud computing is relevant to this scenario?
3) What component helps ensure network traffic between virtual machines on the same physical host remains separate?
4) Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using Cloud Infrastructure?
5) Which of the following is NOT a BUSINESS benefit of cloud computing?
6) You are the only IT employee for a small startup. You need to provide email address to all employees at the startup as soon as possible and with minimal effort. What type of cloud model is best suited to this situation?
7) In a virtualized environment, what technology is used to run the virtual machines?
8) What special operating system level configuration is necessary when running Windows 10 as a virtual machine?
9) True of false:
Many hypervisors require special CPU features
10) When reviewing different cloud models and vendors the security team at your employer suggests the company opt for a private cloud vendor. They state that because public cloud vendors place multiple customers data and computing resources on the same physical infrastructure there is a higher security risk. What term is the security team referencing?
11) Your employer has a large team of developers that focus on developing an important set of internal business applications. In an effort to speed up time to market of bugfixes and new features you have been asked to find a developer focused cloud platform. What type of cloud computing model has a focus on software development?
12) Which option supports Hardware-Assisted Virtualization (HAV)?
13) Your CIO has asked you to investigate cloud computing vendors. You have been tasked to find vendors that offer virtual servers on demand and allow administrative access to the servers so they can be configured with your employer's software as needed. Which cloud model is your CIO looking for?
14) What is the name of the native hypervisor found on Windows 10 Pro and higher operating systems?
15) Which of the following options is synonymous with the term Hypervisor?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.