The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (1000 series). This exam will focus on hardware like hard drives, motherboards, CPUs, memory and peripheral devices.
1) Rank the following starting with the fastest and ending with the slowest: IDE, SATA, SCSI
2) You are helping a friend build a new gaming PC. To save on costs they have opted to buy a new motherboard but keep their existing DDR2 memory from their previous PC. After having some trouble getting the memory to fit into the motherboard you check the motherboard manufacturer's documentation and find they recommend their own DDR3 memory. How should you proceed?
3) Which video cable can send both digital and analog signals?
4) A technician is working on a PC that utilizes a RAID array. The user of the system has reported that random files are becoming corrupted on creation with no pattern to the activity. One drive in the array is likely failing and causing the read/write failures. Which of the following types of RAID is MOST likely in use?
5) Which type of motherboard expansion slot has various speeds such as x16 and x32?
6) What is the benefit of thermal paste?
7) What of the following is a true statement regarding M.2 drives?
8) Which video cable type can carry video and audio signals?
9) Which statement most accurately describes RAID 10?
10) What cable type is used for internal hard drives of desktop PCs?
11) Which USB standard supports up to 5 Gigabit per second transfer speeds?
12) What cooling mechanism provides the lowest temperatures for internal PC components?
13) Your supervisor has asked you to bring her a DE-15 connector. Which of the following is she referring to?
14) How many pins are present in SATA data and power cables?
15) True or False:
Data may be recovered after a drive failure in a RAID 0 configuration.
16) What connector type is usually used to provide power from a PCs power supply to an internal hard drive, CD or DVD drive?
17) Which of the following options is a benefit of a multi-core processor?
18) What of the following is a true statement regarding NVMe?
19) Of the following 4 options, which incorrectly describes the functionality of parity RAM or parity memory?
20) What type of connector is used for internal hard drives and has 40 pins?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.