The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (1000 series). This exam will focus on mobile devices like laptops, cell phones and the components used in them.
1) Which of the following is a network protocol used to download emails onto a mobile phone?
2) True or False: A benefit of using a cloud backup service is that data from a mobile device can be easily recovered if a mobile device is lost or stolen.
3) An employee with a Windows 10 laptop and a docking station has opened a ticket with the IT Help Desk where you work. The ticket asks if the two monitors at their desk can be swapped because they are not in the correct order when the user docks their laptop. How should you proceed?
4) Your employer offers cellphones to employees for work related uses. Both Android and iOS devices are offered. An employee states they have an iOS device and have lost their charging cable. What type of cable is most likely needed?
5) Which of the following is a type of internal data storage device found in laptops?
6) Which of the following correctly explains the following statement:
Small mobile devices like smart phones and tablets do not use spinning disks.
7) What type of battery is most common for use in mobile devices like laptops and smart devices?
8) Your employer offers company owned cellphones to some employees. A ticket has been created by an employee stating their cellphone is not connecting to the company WiFi. What troubleshooting step should be done first?
9) What wireless protocol is most likely to be used to create a WPAN?
10) What technology provides a physical access control when logging into a laptop?
11) What option is the most common display technology used in laptop computers?
12) Which option is a reversible connector based on an open specification?
13) Your employer requires all mobile devices have a VPN client installed. The VPN client should be enabled whenever public or otherwise untrusted wireless networks are used. What is the benefit of using a VPN?
14) What is the function of a digitizer in a modern smart phone?
15) What wireless technology is used by contactless payment services?
16) True or false:
Laptops use an Alternating Current (AC) jack to charge their battery.
17) What type of display technology is most commonly found on eReaders?
18) Due to a recent increase in cellular data usage your employer has released a new policy that says company owned mobile devices are not to be connected to other mobile devices for the purposes of sharing the device's cellular data service. What feature is the policy referring to?
19) Which keyboard feature allows laptop manufactures to reduce keyboard size and provide small form-factor laptops?
20) Your manager has asked you to purchase new hard drives for the Media Department. They often open large files like high resolution images and video files. You need to choose a drive type that balances performance with costs. Which type would be best?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.