The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (1000 series). This exam will focus on networking and network troubleshooting.
1) What type of network switch supports plug and play style usage and does not support custom configurations?
2) Which of the following is a device used to test ports such as a network port?
3) What tool would you use to connect an ethernet cable to a patch panel?
4) What is the maximum transmission speed of Cat 6a cabling at 100 meters?
5) Which of the following cabling types has fire-retardant properties?
6) You are helping a friend with a new wireless router. They are complaining that certain areas of their apartment have much slower internet than others. They live in a dense area with many other apartments in WiFi range. What tool could help you troubleshoot this issue?
7) Which of the following cable types uses twisted-pair copper cabling?
8) What is the maximum transmission speed of Cat 5e cabling?
9) What is the maximum transmission speed of Cat 6 cabling at 100 meters?
10) Which type of cabling is immune to electromagnetic interference?
11) True or False: UTP cabling features a fire-retardant jacket.
12) You are installing cat5 cabling in a large corporate campus. You have measured the distance from a network closet to a new annex building to be 90 meters. According to the cat 5 specification, is the use of a signal repeater necessary?
13) What type of cabling uses plastic or glass to transmit data using light?
14) What is the maximum transmission speed of Cat 6 cabling at 55 meters?
15) Which of the following technologies can support Ethernet communication using a building's power infrastructure?
16) Which type of fiber optic cabling is best suited for long distance communication?
17) Which type of Ethernet cable can be used for connecting two PCs without the use of a router?
18) A new ticket has come in requesting a server obtain network access to the corporate email server. Which network port would apply?
19) Which of the following is a form of wireless network that uses cellular communication technologies like 4G and LTE?
20) Which of the following tools can verify an Ethernet cable's wires are in the correct order?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.